Friday, May 15, 2015

Perforated Perfection

It’s what I joked this outfit would be called but now I can’t think of a better name.



Perforated clothing is amazing for the warmer months. It lets the wind slip through you in (almost) the naughtiest of ways, but covers you up enough to feel socially appropriate. It’s peek-a-boo fashion in the best way.

I remember live blogging the SS 2014 Alexander Wang show and being so stricken by Erin Wasson in that amazing perforated jumper. The show, which was almost 3 years ago (!!) featured black, white, and pastels, all of the perforated/sheer variety. Though time flies, a quick peruse through major retailers and magazines shows that the trend is here to stay. And definitely recommend adding this type of ensemble into your weekend rotation given the amazing weather on the horizon.    







I was lucky enough to be invited down to my friend’s beach house in Barnegat Light for the weekend and thought this breezy, modest ensemble would be perfect given the elements. The white made me look marginally tanner than the pasty pale color I was sporting, and the neckline hid the epitome of summer's first burn on my chest. Win-win.






Crazy enough, I have to admit that I was "down the shore" -- as in the Jersey Shore -- and I feel obliged to say that it is nothing like the TV show. When Snooki and the Situation became famous, I was abroad in London and missed the craze. What I came back to was Ron Ron Juice, poofs, and someone named J Woww. 

This section of the NJ coastline looks nothing like that. It is beautiful and provided the perfect backdrop for a weekend full of cooking, tanning, beach walks, and specialty cocktails. Thank God I'm going back for Memorial Day because I can't stop dreaming of how peaceful it was there. Call me sentimental but the sound of the ocean reminds me of home and you know I love home. 





Until next time, not-so-dirty-Jerz, you were perfect. 

And thanks to the Rogers family for being amazing hosts, and even better bartenders! xx

Shirt: Gap
Jeans: AG Jeans
Shoes: Enzo Angiolini 
Bag: Zara
Scarf: Vintage
Sunglasses: Chanel 



No comments:

Post a Comment