Monday, September 9, 2013

T time.


I write this as I live stream the Alexander Wang Spring ’14 fashion show. Solange just showed up and all other afros from hereon out are deemed unworthy.


Photo by Nina Westervelt

As my computer buffers and overheats (just as Behati’s abs solidify my thoughts on a new workout regimen), with a nod to Mr. Wang, I have a story to share.

Back in June I had a series of interviews at a PR firm that eventually didn’t hire me. Aside from that obvious buzz kill, I was granted some valuable experience with regards to what to look for in jobs to come and more importantly, what I would wear to them.

My initial impression of that PR office was that it had a perfect T by Alexander Wang vibe going for it and I was in luck since Nordstrom Rack was having a sale. I kid you not; this was my first thought after surveying my (non) future coworkers. Outfit ideas were taking over my brain and all I could do was picture myself in perfectly slouchy sweaters and tailored pants. Maybe that was my first fault, on account of the fact that it was June and I was thinking about sweaters and how I would layer neutral basics.

You may call this pathetic and I may agree but have you ever seen The Secret? Visualization and positive thinking, right? Picture yourself where you want to be and you will succeed. Let’s cross our fingers together as we both imagine what we want and how to get it, racer back tanks and sweatshirt dresses included. 

I close this just as Erin Wasson closes the show (in a perforated jumper and covetable side boob with Angelina Jolie-esque tattoos) screaming white-hot hope with an F bitches attitude.

 
Photo by Nina Westervelt


Shop T by Alexander Wang here and on sale here



No comments:

Post a Comment