Thursday, August 1, 2013

David Gray Spelled it Wrong. "S-A-L-E Away [With Me Honey]"


If September signifies the death of summer then August is nothing more than a morphine drip.



 
courtesy of PinkMafia



Ouch.


Overdramatized but (semi) truthful nonetheless. 



After my June birthday, which I like to refer to as an ‘event,’ less than a week goes by before we are popping bottles for America and Instagram video-ing fireworks and sparklers. (We were all pretty unoriginal this year, let’s be honest.)



So when this early summer week is over, what do I have to look forward to? Aside from heat waves, chafing and uneven tan lines, there are sales. And by golly have I been window shopping the sh*t out of them. I. Effing. Love. Sales. Remember?



Because I’m a PGGOAB (post-grad-girl-on-a-budget) (that was probably a stretch) finding an awesome sale item is like the universe saying it’s looking out for me. Like, I know full-priced isn’t your thing, so I’m throwing you a bone. Fetch. I’m convinced that someday I’ll find a pair of Louboutins for $35. Convinced.



Currently, I’m keeping my eye out for cropped printed trousers, bouclé jackets, single sole pumps (or SSP as Man Repeller calls them—this acronym actually works) and anything reminiscent of Isabel Marant, because someday I’ll have a new job and all these things will be perfect.





Here are some great stalking spots:



Zara. For every ounce Céline may hate them, I worship them that much more—which is why I want everything, especially this jacket and this PJ combo


Victoria’s Secret. Their swim sale is disgusting, as in things for under $10. I love it. 


J.Crew. Take an EXTRA 40% off all sale items. Use code STYLE40 and don’t forget to check out the Factory too. Little known secret that you can actually shop the outlet without driving an hour away. (Because no matter where you live, outlets are always at least an hour away.)


Asos. Set aside two hours, I'm serious. I'm eying some printed midi bodycons (like this, this or this) to rock with a leather jacket and ankle boots come fall.


Mango. Because who doesn’t want to look like Miranda Kerr?


Shopbop. Because I am a firm believer that designer jeans are superior yet I still refuse to pay full price for them. Which is why I would love this pair of modified boyfriend jeans to go with this 70% PERCENT OFF twist on a military jacket.


Anthropologie- Cropped pants and wide leg galore. Craving these bumble bees.




And for my favorite constants:


Gilt. Always look at shoes first- they sell out the quickest and you never have to figure out how to convert Italian sizing.


The Outnet. They really do make online shopping easier by showing you a dual view of the item without having to open a new tab. Golf clap.


Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment