Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Like a Bull in a China Shop


But feminine, like a tea cup.







I have a confession; this outfit is a repeat offender.

I initially wore this exact ensemble when I went to the Chanel boutique last month to get my glasses fixed for the 6th time. I love you Chanel but your glasses are plagued with design flaws. 

The 90 degree day didn't stop me from essentially covering up every inch of skin on my body nor did it stop me from running errands all around Boston before ending on Newbury Street. Luckily, or unfortunately for that cool girl vibe I was going for, one of the salespersons gave me a water to cool down (a mini Evian on a monogrammed Chanel napkin, naturally). I still have the napkin...

While I hid in the corner, trying to regulate my body temperature, simultaneously attempting to convince the security man I was there for the right reasons, I got about 85 compliments on this blazer so I knew it was a hit, sweat and all.

I felt like such a star (yes, star), so when it came time for me to plan for Nantucket, I knew exactly what I’d be traveling in on the chilly ferry ride. 

Additionally, with a 5:30am wake up call, what better trousers to don than glorified pajama bottoms? Aka white linen pants.











Blazer: Zara (now on sale, hurry!)
Pants: J. Crew. Vince makes a great runner up, but I love the tapered leg on these from Diane von Furstenberg
Tank: a resurrected Forever21 piece, similar from Splendid here
Turquoise Necklace: Vintage hand-me-down from my Grandmother
Beaded Necklace: Target. Similar here.
Turquoise Ring: Vintage, but similar here from Kenneth Jay Lane
Silver Ring: Silpada
Flip Flops: DV by Dolce Vita 


No comments:

Post a Comment